This role is a strategic consulting leader to perform as a senior revenue cycle leader at a health system (Director, Revenue Cycle Operations) focused on providing new and emerging approaches for our clients’ business processes, projects, and initiatives for all aspects of a healthcare system revenue cycle. Duties will require 100% onsite client role with strong central business office (CBO experience, including but are not limited to Scheduling, Pre-registration, Patient Access, Charge Services, Revenue Integrity, HIM, Billing, Remit Processing, Patient Collections, and Bad Debt. Responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and managing onsite strategies for Texican clients, including cash-flow, process & workflow improvements, bad-debt minimization, and management of the overall health of the company’s receivables. The Director will help lead client performance using a number of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) developed by Texican, Inc.
The Director, Revenue Cycle Operations reports directly to the Senior Vice-President of Operations.
- Ensuring all “Core” RCM functions (billing, A/R, collections, cash management, reporting) are operating efficiently and effectively including staffing, processes and supporting systems
- Developing and maintaining standardized Core RCM policies and procedures and assure full “Knowledge Transfer” of all standardized policies and procedure with the Outsourced Partner
- Payor Management including Payor Liaison and Payor Compliance
- Providing the routine and Ad Hoc RCM reporting, Dashboards, and analysis of RCM operations and results
- Meeting or exceeding all Core RCM KPIs as specified by the VP of RCM
- Achieving the target Collection Rate, Days in A/R and Cost to Collect.
- Viewed as a subject matter expert by the client, particularly well-versed in contemporary methods and protocols, able to gain credibility with a wide range of client staff and management.
- Effectively frames critical strategic issues for client and team. Develops sound analytics and work plan to address critical issues and effectively communicate these to team members. Able to define engagement results in terms that align with unique client needs.
- Masters’ knowledge of practice-specific toolset and is effective in when, how and to what extent each tool is applied.
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills, including proficiency in Excel, Power Point, and Word applications (e.g., able to conduct analysis, synthesize and present results with modest support).
- Review’s data analyses, identifies discrepancies, and uses knowledge to cull out nuances. Ensures validity of data, and can discern trends, patterns that may be telling.
- Synthesizes the results of data analytics, client interviews, on site observations and other relevant information to prepare detailed, well-written, comprehensive assessments and recommendations related to improving effectiveness, efficiency, and strategic value of the client’s human resources practice.
- Develops professional relationships with individuals at various levels in client organization and demonstrates ability to influence and negotiate with client, as appropriate.
- Effectively identifies, develops, and leads communication in all forums and demonstrates superior listening skills in client interactions. Ability to shape client expectations, ensuring cohesion with client personnel.
- Leads and motivates teams to perform to highest level to meet internal and client goal expectations, demonstrating advanced ability in designing, delegating, reviewing, and affecting work of others, ensuring teams are functioning smoothly and in a positive manner.
- Consistently ensures high quality of work products, documents and deliverables are met at each stage of engagement consistent with proposed deliverables and goals.
- Interpret analytics and present findings to members that influence decision making and behaviors, train other consultants on data interpretation and storytelling.
- Communicate expertise and compelling business cases with clarity and confidence to senior executive-level audiences to influence change, decision making or garner necessary support.
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of equivalent education / work experience
- Minimum 8-10 years of related revenue cycle management experience in health care
- Minimum 5 years management experience
- In-depth knowledge of revenue cycle management process (billing, collections, posting, credentialing, etc.).
- Strong financial acumen and in-depth knowledge and use of Microsoft Products: Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
- Strong understanding of clearing house and finance operations.
- Experience with various billing systems, claim review process and denials.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions as related to the Revenue Cycle. Analyze and recommend initiatives to processes within the departments and sites. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of information, problem solve and communicate solutions.
- Candidate needs to be comfortable with the requirement of 100% travel
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working and building relationships with client executives and with external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage, prioritize, and multi-task on multiple projects.