The Software developer/Engineer will work remotely as part of a team to design, develop, and implement “game changing” healthcare revenue cycle applications, using the Microsoft Software Development Stack. We are seeking smart, innovative candidates who can get things done. We expect you to be proficient in the technology, language, and development environment. The successful candidate must be able to take draft functional requirements and actively participate in the design of the final functional requirements. The software developer/engineer serves as a strategic resource focused on development and analysis providing new and emerging approaches for migration of the existing tool to a new platform. Experience managing Healthcare data is a plus but not required. The software developer/engineer will report to the Director, information technology.
- SQL and building tables
- Building revenue cycle end user functions for internal data management
- Working with different vendors and project managers with API integration
- Collaborating with UI/UX designers and product developers to conceptualize and build new end-to-end features
- Designing and building custom utilities such as workflow optimization and management
- Managing contractors and freelancers working on custom projects
- Improving system quality by identifying issues and common patterns, and developing standard operating procedures
- Enhancing applications by identifying opportunities for improvement in design and functionality
- Maintaining and improving existing codebases and peer review code changes
- Liaising with colleagues to implement technical designs
- Investigating and using new technologies where relevant
- Providing written knowledge, documentation and transfer material
Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge and experience with SQL, SQL Server (tables, stored procs, views).
- Full Stack Development, Database Development, Desktop Software Development, Mobile App Development, Mobile Design, Product Management, Scripting & Automation, UX/UI Design, and Some Web Design.
- Utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) for cloud-based hosting.
- Understanding of Linux and using its operating system to manage dedicated hosting servers
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiar with generating and recycling temporary links pointing to different DNS locations.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Experience with external API’s and building internal API’s.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and customer service skills.
- Problem solving and analytical capabilities. Ability to troubleshoot technical problems and perform (or identify) potential resolutions.
- Ability to make good judgment calls.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-driven environment.
- Must actively participate in development team code reviews.
- Ability to develop in multiple programming languages including C# and Delphi.
- Experience with object-oriented design and development principles within the .NET or JAVA framework.
- Experience interacting with MS SQL Server database, T-SQL, stored procedures.
- Experience in n-tier web-based architecture / service-oriented architecture and design is a plus.
- Experience developing and consuming web services.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, software development, computer engineering, or related technical field from an accredited school.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience as a Developer or related.
- BS in Computer Science or closely related field or its equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.